Tryouts – Updated July 13, 2023
In order to condition/tryout for ANY team students must:
- Complete and turn in the Physical Packet
- Turn in certificates for 3 NFHS Courses (they are different for 2023 – 2024)
- Turn in all forms to the Athletic Office (Room 166) during your lunch time.
- Purchase insurance – instructions emailed after paperwork is turned in.
Fall sports – Bowling, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Swimming and Volleyball – Girls are allowed to begin practice on Monday July 31st.
Cross Country – check your school email for more information.
Football – Email Coach Wood for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Volleyball – Email Coach Shelow for more information – email@example.com
Golf – Email Coach Segal for more information Zsegal@dadeschools.net
Swimming – Email Coach Hunnewell for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bowling will begin tryouts once school starts on August 17th, listen for announcements.
Winter sports – Basketball (Boys and Girls), Soccer (Boys and Girls) and Wrestling (Boys and Girls) will begin practice in mid-late October, based on the FHSAA allowable dates.
Spring Sports – Badminton, Baseball, Flag Football, Lacrosse (Boys and Girls), Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball – Boys, Water Polo – Girls will begin practice in January or February, based on the FHSAA allowable dates.
Off Season Conditioning
Current students you need to check your Coral Reef Gmail regularly for the most up to date information.
Incoming students and new athletes, please email the coach of the sport you are interested in, so that you can be made aware of things you can do on your own to help prepare for when we tryouts occur. Several sports will be holding team
- Baseball – Nicholas Quintero – email@example.com
- Boys Basketball – Mark Wynn – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys Soccer – Scott Bruce – email@example.com
- Cross Country – Alex Sarafoglu – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Country – Paul Solomon – email@example.com
- Football – Tim Wood – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girls Volleyball – Erin Shelow – email@example.com