Welcome to Junior Year…..
If you have any questions, please email your class sponsor firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Class Sponsor – Ms. Latham
President: Sarah Luis
Vice President: Jayla Valdes
Secretary: Micheal Zamudio
Treasurer: Reign Vincent
Historian: Lani Peralta
Jr. SGA Liaison: Amber Reyes
Junior Event Coordinator: Stephanie Michel
Junior Year Meetings
Junior Parent Night Meeting
November 2, 2023 at 6pm in the auditorium
Junior Class Meeting
October 26, 2023, at 8am in the auditorium
Visit our Homecoming page for more information.
Junior Winter Formal
Friday, December 15, 2023 is the Junior Winter Formal. We are so excited to have this beautiful event for you. It is important however, that you know and understand the expectation of our Coral Reef students and guests.
When: December 15, 2022
Location: Miami Dadeland Marriott
9090 S Dadeland Blvd
Miami, Fl 33156
Theme: Winter Wonderland
Ticket Sales Dates
November 13th – 26th
- You must have your Coral Reef Student ID with you. Your guest must have a school ID or license as well. Your guest name on the google form must match the guests ID.
- You will check in at the tables as soon as you exit the elevators. Teachers and staff will be there to greet you and check you in. You will receive a wrist band once checked in.
- Once inside, you must stay inside. You will not be able to come and go.
All students attending the event must fill out the google form below. Include your guest information only if you purchased a 2nd ticket.
*Guest must enter the event with the Coral Reef student who purchased the ticket.
Parking: Valet Parking – cost not included in ticket price
Attire:The event is a formal event. To give you an idea- it’s more formal than homecoming but it is not ballgown and tuxedos as you would wear to prom (and long dresses are not required) Boys should wear a sports jacket or suit jacket. Tie is optional. (T-shirts are not allowed!!!)
Rules and Restrictions on attire:
- Dresses that are strapless or with spaghetti straps are allowed.
- Dresses made from see through fabric are NOT allowed.
- Backless dresses are allowed if they do not expose skin below the waist.
- Two-piece dresses are allowed if the rib & abdominal areas are covered.
- Slits on dresses may be no higher than mid-thigh.
- Appropriate dress shoes must be worn all night. You cannot take off shoes and be barefoot during the event
- Necklines may not be lower than the bottom of the breastbone.
- Undergarments should not be visible at any time
- No t-shirt or shorts allowed
- Dress shoes are to be worn. Beach sandals and sneakers of any kind are not allowed.
- Baseball caps, bandanas, and hats may not be worn.
- No canes may be used as accessories.
- Bags are not allowed into the event. Only a small purse is allowed.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.
- IF DRESS CODE ISN’T FOLLOWED, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE EVENT
- IF ANY RULES ARE NOT FOLLOWED, YOU WILL BE ESCORTED OUT OF THE EVENT.
- IF YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED INTO THE EVENT FOR EITHER REASON, YOU WILL NOT BE GIVEN A REFUND
- NON-ATTENDANCE IS NOT A REASON FOR A REFUND.
- You cannot leave and re-enter the event. Once you exit the check in point, you will not be allowed to come back in.
- All Coral Reef students and guests must present a picture ID at the registration table before entering the event. Either a school ID or driver’s license may be used. If you do not have ID, you will not be allowed to enter. Once you leave you may not return. In other words, you may only enter the event one time. Guests cannot be 21 or older.
- Administration reserves the right to take a ticket away if student violates the Code of Student Conduct prior to event and/or fails to adhere to an attendance contract.
- No alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, tobacco products, vapes or mood modifiers are permitted either before or during the event. STUDENTS WHO DO NOT ADHERE TO THE GUIDELINES PRESENTED HEREIN WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE DANCE AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE ARREST AND DISCIPLINARY ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SUSPENSION WITHOUT A REFUND. THE ADMINISTRATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EXCLUDE OR EXPEL ANY PERSON WHO APPEARS TO BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS AND/OR ALCOHOL.
- Please remember, this is a school-sponsored event. Dress and behave in an appropriate, respectful manner so that everyone attending will be able to enjoy the event.
- Food and refreshments will be included in ticket. Event begins at 7PM and ends at 11:00 PM. No entry after 8:30 PM.
- Students must be in school the day of the event in order to be allowed into Winter Formal
I have reviewed the rules and regulations above and understand that if I fail to adhere to any of above rules, I will not be allowed to enter the event and forfeit my ticket. By purchasing a Winter Formal ticket and filling out the required google form, I acknowledge that I have read the Winter Formal guidelines and understand the consequences for not following the rules. Students who purchase a ticket and do not fill out the google form will not be allowed into the event. REMEMBER…TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE!
The trip includes 9 college visits, lunch and dinner, snacks, hotel, bus, games, college tour shirt and a night at Disney springs. There is no theme park included on the trip. The 9 schools we are visiting are:
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- University of South Florida
- University of Tampa
- Florida State University
- Florida A&M University
- University of Florida
- University of North Florida
- Jacksonville University
- Flagler College
- University of Central Florida
- Rollins College
Space is limited and will be on a 1st come 1st serve basis. Tickets are nonrefundable. Once you pay the deposit you must pay the balance by the due date in order to attend. Look for emails and information regarding college tour from Ms. Latham and Ms. Santalo.
Visit our CAP Corner for important College Applications and Scholarships Information.
Junior Class Trip
- Junior Class Trip to Seaworld
- Thursday, March 21, 2024
- Tickets on sale through OSP February 20th – 23rd
- Tickets are limited
Junior Ring Ceremony
Junior Ring Ceremony
March 19, 2024
In the Gym
Tickets $10 for Friends and Family.
Tickets will be sold the week before the ceremony during lunch
Tickets are limited
Junior Ring Orders
November 1st – November 3rd during lunch
Junior Spirit Week
March 18th – 22nd
- Junior Lunch Event – March 18th
- Junior Ring Ceremony – March 19th
- Junior Spirit Day – March 20th
- Junior Class Trip to Sea World – March 21st
Junior Class Shirts
Available through OSP
Visit our Tsunami – Yearbook page for important yearbook announcements.