SGA is opening up the application process for those students interested in becoming an SGA or a Class Officer for the 2021-2022 school year. There will be a mandatory zoom meeting on Monday, May 3RD at 2:30 pm. If you have questions, that’s the day to ask!
ALL APPLICATIONS & RECOMMENDATIONS ARE DUE BY MONDAY, MAY 10TH
Once you are cleared to run and all your requirements have been submitted, you will receive an email letting you know you can run for SGA. Campaigning does not begin until May 10th, and you cannot post anything until you are cleared.
- You must have at least a 3.0 GPA to apply.
- You must be willing to stay after school, attend meetings on/off campus, come in on Saturdays, take work home and be responsible for your classwork/home learning at all times.
- Candidates cannot have lower than a “B” in any academic class, must have 1’s in effort in all classes and “A” in conduct for all classes
- You must not be on any sort of probation (academic, academy, behavior, attendance, etc). Applicants must not be on probation while holding office. If you are placed on probation for any reason while on SGA, you will have to resign your officer position for the remainder of the year.
- All position applications must be accompanied by 1 academic teacher, Your Academy Lead Teacher and Your Academy counselor recommendations (SO 3 IN TOTAL). Once you have applied you will need to email your teachers a request to submit your recommendation. Any applications missing the required 3 recommendations will be null & void. It is your responsibility to make sure the three recommendations are submitted. All teachers and counselors will receive the link from me, you just need to email them to fill it out.
- Candidates cannot have more than 5 unexcused absences or 10 tardies in the 2020-2021 school year.
- You can only apply for 1 position listed in this email, so choose carefully!
SGA Open Positions (and requirements) – Must be an upcoming Senior
- SGA President (must be an upcoming Senior and must have already been a part of SGA/Class for a minimum of 1 year)
- SGA VP (must have leadership experience)
- SGA Secretary
- SGA Treasurer
- SGA Project Manager
- SGA Historian/Social Media (must be good at social media posts and video editing)
- SGA Academy Liason
- SGA Event Coordinator (must have strong communication skills)
Class Open Positions (and requirements)
- Senior Class President (must have already been part of Student Government)
- Senior Class VP
- Senior Class Secretary
- Senior Class Treasurer
- Senior Class Historian (must be good at social media posts and video editing)
- Senior Executive Advisor
- Junior Class President (must have leadership experience)
- Junior Class VP
- Junior Class Secretary
- Junior Class Treasurer
- Junior Historian (must be good at social media posts and video editing)
- Junior SGA Liason
- Sophomore Class President
- Sophomore Class VP
- Sophomore Class Secretary
- Sophomore Class Treasurer
- Sophomore Historian (must be good at social media posts and video editing)
- To educate and enforce all rules and regulations on the SGA Constitution
- Oversee all SGA and class events
- Communicate with all members
- Communicate with administration
- Say Pledge each morning
- Communicate with CRTV Live
- Coordinate Pep Rallies
- Coordinate Junior Ring Ceremony, Honor Cord and Graduation Ceremony with Activities Director
- Assist with Magnet Fair
- Assist with all Class meetings
- Assist with all Homecoming events
- Help coordinate Leadership conference in February
- Coordinate attendance for DSGA meetings
- Attend all EESAC Meetings (SGA President only)
- To be responsible for creating a monthly calendar of events (in Activities Office, social media, and potential bulletin boards, etc.)
- Help promote school spirit and school athletic involvement
- Assist with Club Day
- Assist with College Fair
- Assist with Awards Assembly
- Plans monthly appreciation for teachers, administration, & staff.
- Assist with Holiday events and Teacher Appreciation week
- Sends thank you notes to all those who help with Student Council activities.
- In charge of Bulletin Boards being updated every couple of months. Seniors should be updated each month
- Assist with Women Leaders Breakfast
- To ensure that pictures are taken at every School and SGA event.
- To create a Scrapbook for the school year highlighting all the year events.for their class and school
- To schedule filming of every SGA event.
- Edit videos for school events
- Coordinate with CRTV Live
- Social Media for Class and school wide events
- Coordinate Values Matter each month
- Promote class sales of any kind (shirts, ring sales, class trips, homecoming etc.)
- To be responsible for acknowledging birthdays of Student Council members at monthly meetings and monthly calendar
- Take minutes at each meeting and filing in SGA binder
- Take notes of each SGA and Class events and submit Event form in binder
- In charge of SGA binder
- To ensure that all clubs have scheduled their meetings and turn in their paperwork
- Coordinate with Athletics office to help promote teams and upcoming games
- To publicize all Student Government activities, through posters & commercials.
- To oversee all material displayed in school.
- To be in charge of the general school bulletin boards.
- To maintain bulletin board outside the activities office to promote student involvement in SGA events
- Oversee Hallway Decorations
- To coordinate Homecoming Tailgate event and other Spirit promoting events throughout the year
- Help with Assistant Principals, Counselor and Secretary Appreciation week
- Keep the storage room organized
- To serve as a liaison between PTSA & SGA
- To serve as liaison between Academies and SGA
- Serve as Liaison between Athletics and SGA
- Attends all PTSA meetings.
- To assist in recruiting parent volunteers throughout the year.
- To communicate with SGA in reference to PTSA events.
- Liaison between SGA and Administration
- To oversee community service hours
- To coordinate Events with SGA and Faculty .
- To coordinate all Student Government Service projects.
- Plans and coordinates all United Way-sponsored drives and events
- Keep account of officer attendance and attendance forms in binder
- Help Ms Gilman with College and scholarship information for Seniors
- Assist with Graduation planning
- To assist Activities Director in all projects sponsored by Student Council during Homecoming week
- To advertise for SGA school sponsored projects
- To plan the Student Council annual Holiday Party, and any other functions at the discretion of the Student Council Sponsor/Activities Director
- Set up SGA bondings
- Coordinate Kick off to Testing Battle of the Classes
- Assist with Pep Rally set up
- Promote Spirit Week
- Promote Senior Week
- Help with First week of school events
- Help with Lunch events – 1st Friday of each month
- Coordinate collection of money for class sponsored sales
- Assist with treasurer paperwork – fundraiser form, operating report, etc.
- Count money after each collection
- Research fundraisers
- Promote magazine sales fundraiser
- Promote class shirt sales
- Attend all EESAC meetings (SGA Treasurers only- take turn)
Each officer is expected to participate in all SGA and Class sponsored events throughout the year.
Rules in using Social Media to Campaign
Campaign week will be May 11th – 17th. voting will be May 14th – 17th
- CAMPAIGNING WILL BE DONE THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA
- ALL SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS MUST BE APPROVED BY SGA COMMITTEE (email either of the SGA sponsors)
- ALL SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING HASTAGS…#reefsga2021 #reefdoesitbetter
- POSTS MUST HAVE YOUR NAME AND POSITION YOU ARE RUNNING FOR
- PICTURES MUST BE APPROPRIATE AND YOUR MUST BE WEARING SCHOOL APPROVED CLOTHING. FOR EXAMPLE WEARING A BIKINI AT THE POOL = NOT APPROPRIATE!
- YOU CANNOT CAMPAIGN WITH SOMEONE AS A PARTNER – YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
- YOU CANNOT POST ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ANOTHER CANDIDATE.
- IF YOUR FRIENDS ARE PROMOTING YOU AND POSTING ABOUT YOU, THE POST MUST FOLLOW ALL THE RULES ABOVE AND MUST HAVE ALL THE HASHTAGS AND TAGS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE YOUR FRIENDS FOLLOW THE RULES OR YOU RISK NOT BEING ALLOWED TO RUN
- YOU CANNOT REFER TO OR IMPLY ANYTHING ABOUT ANOTHER CANDIDATE IN YOUR POST
- YOU MUST TAG CORAL REEF ON TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM FOR ANYTHING YOUR POST. IF YOU ARE POSTING ON SNAPCHAT,, YOUTUBE, TIKTOK OR ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLET, YOU MUST EMAIL MS SANTALO, MS LATHAM OR MS MAYOR WHATS BEEN POSTED PRIOR TO POSTING ANYTHING AND YOU MUST USE ALL THE HASHTAGS
Good Luck Everyone!
Should you have any questions, not covered in this email please do not hesitate to email, do not assume anything.
Student Government Association:
Mrs. Rebecca Santalo
Student Government and Senior Class Sponsor
Mrs. Ashley Latham
Junior Class Sponsor
Mrs. Yliuska Mayor
Sophomore Class Sponsor
If you have any questions, please contact your class sponsor, email @firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Activities Office .