M‐DCPS Policy For Participation In Athletics/Interscholastic Competition Or Performances
All interscholastic athletics and activities are meant to contribute to the overall academic excellence achieved by a student participant. The following rules and consequences are seen as the basic conditions that must be met by a student who wishes to represent his or her school through athletic/interscholastic competition or performance.
- A student must maintain a cumulative 2.00 GPA or higher as specified by s. 1003.43(1) Florida
- A student must receive a minimum 2.00 in conduct each semester.
- If a student is assigned to SCSI, he or she will be unable to participate in
athletic/interscholastic competition or performance on the day(s) on which he or she is
assigned. If the assignment to SCSI takes place on/or includes a Friday, the student will be
unable to participate in athletic/interscholastic competition or performance on Saturday.
- Students who are serving an external suspension cannot practice or participate in
athletics/interscholastic competition or performance and may be subject to further sanctions
- Students who have a total to eleven (11) days suspension will not be allowed to participate in
athletics/interscholastic competition or performance for the remainder of the school year.
- A student who has ten (10) or more absences and/or twenty (20) or more tardies will not be
allowed to participate in athletics/interscholastic competition or performance for the
remainder of the school year.
- A student must report to school prior to the end of the 1st block (2/3 of the school day) in
order to participate in athletic and extracurricular activities.
- Student participants who are identified as being FSA level 1 or 2 will be required to attend
two hour of academic tutoring per week. Failure to attend required tutoring will result in a
seven (7) calendar day suspension from athletic/ interscholastic competition or performance.
- Any student who is arrested for conduct occurring on or off school grounds will be prohibited
from participating in all extracurricular interscholastic athletics and activities for a minimum of
ten (10) days.